Thursday 12 June 2014

LOVING NATURE AND ADVENTURE



If you are like my husband who likes to travel to places where he can be in contact with nature and expect the unexpected. Then, the following are some places that I will recommend to visit.

The Tena City


Alejandro Lozano.2012 Rafting en el tena.
 Retrieved June 13, 2014, from https://flic.kr/p/fYHevU
The Tena is located in the Ecuadorian Oriente, which one of its main activities is kayaking. Even though, I had never done that activity before, I was attracted to the idea of having a new experience, trying something different by getting out of my comfort zone. To feel more secure, I went with a group of people that mastered this activity. Before starting, they guided me through and provided me with a serious of tips in order to feel   comfortable.  It was really a different and exciting experience, filled with adrenaline. It is an adventure that definitely I recommend.


Yasuni National Park



Yasuni ITT. 2011. Rio. Retrieved June 13, 2014, from https://flic.kr/p/awYv4g
Years back, I was invited by a couple of friends to the Oriente, the Ecuadorian tropical rain forest that is known as the Ecuador Amazon Jungle. We went to a city called the Coca. The activity that I enjoyed the most was a trip up the river by a ferry that took me to Yasuni National Park. Before arriving to the National park, we were welcomed at a place called Tiputiny by a Shuara tribe where they delighted the visitors with a native woman dance. The next day, early in the morning, we made our way to the National park. On our way there we could verify why that place was known for its biodiversity. 


Hugo Vergara. 2009. Yasuni National Park .
 Retrieved June 13, 2014, from https://flic.kr/p/9jxf2E
According with our guide, Yasuni is home for 150 amphibian species and 121 reptile species, more than ten of hundreds tree species and thousands of small and big animals that live there at its purest habitat. After eight hours of walking, we arrived to a very small native community called Conoaco, where native people live almost naked. We were told that their costumes and beliefs are centered with the Mother Nature and they live with this in complete harmony.






Galapagos Island.

TrekLightly. 2012. Young Galapagos Sea Lions .
 Retrieved June 13, 2014, from https://flic.kr/p/cYw9wA  
Even though, I have spent most of my life in Ecuador, I never had the opportunity to travel to Galapagos Island. This archipelago and its immense marine reserve is known as the unique ‘living museum and showcase of evolution’. I am looking forward to go diving in Galapagos and enjoy the diverse marine life that cannot be found in other parts of the world. Another place that I would like to visit is Galapagos National Park which is one of the few places in the world that remains relatively untouched by human exploitation. In the park I can find creatures such as giant tortoise, blue footed booby, land iguanas, etc. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment